“I know that my son will always know where he came from and knows how much I love him. But I also know that he will grow up with parents who love him, and were ready to be parents.” If You Are Pregnant and considering placing your baby for adoption, you deserve to have a respectful and positive experience. We can help every step of the way. Our adoption counselors can:
- Help decide if adoption is right for you and sort through your emotions.
- Assist you in learning about OPEN ADOPTION.
- Help you choose an adoptive family.
- Advise you of your rights, and connect you to resources.
- Assist you in obtaining adoption expenses.
- Support you before and after your baby’s birth.
(800) 969-6665 Call toll-free 24 hours a day.
While birth parents have their own feeling when it comes to the benefits of placing their child for adoption, here are some common pros and cons…
ProsResearch shows women who place their child for adoption…
- are more likely to finish school and obtain a higher level of eduction
- attain better employment, earn more than twice the per capita income and achieving greater financial stability
- are less likely to receive public assistance
- are more likely to marry in the future- and when they do are more likely to delay marriage until an older age
- report a high level of satisfaction with their decision for adoption
- placing a baby for adoption is extremely emotionally challenging
- after placement it is common for most women to experience grief and loss
- while in open adoption the birth family is a part of the baby’s life, they are not parenting him/her
- people may judge birth parents negatively for placing their child because they don’t understand
“Birth mothers choose open adoptions because we want to see it through to the end, to be there for our children throughout their young lives to and to ensure that all of their questions are answered and that they never feel unwanted.” -Bethany (birth mother and Adopt International board member)
“I want to thank Adopt international for all they have done for me and my daughter and her family. They truly know the meaning of open adoption and making it work for us all.” -Monica (birth mother)